RETURNS + EXCHANGES
How do I request a return or exchange?
Use the website contact form linked here, and select the relevant subject category. Please refer to the sections below to determine whether you need to request a return or an exchange. Make sure to tell us your order number in the email, along with the reason for your request.
We will respond to your email confirming the request, and provide you with a printable address label that you can use to return the order to us.
You can always email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further concerns or queries.
What is the difference between a cancellation, a return and an exchange?
For the purposes of our products we have arranged our order compensation into three categories:
- Cancellation- orders that have not been marked as shipped yet are eligible for cancellations.
- Return- orders that are returned unopened and in their original packaging are eligible for returns.
- Exchange- orders that have been opened, and orders that were received as gifts, are eligible for exchanges.
You can request a cancellation for any reason at any time up until your order has been marked as shipped. Simply select 'cancellation' on the website contact form, provide us with your order number, and we will refund you the full cost of the product and shipping cost.
We can only accept returns on orders that are unopened and in their original packaging. This is because tea is a perishable good and cannot be restocked once you have opened it. We appreciate your understanding on this matter.
For orders that have been opened please refer to the 'Exchanges' section below.
You can request a return for any reason, however, the reason for return will affect how we handle your refund:
- If you are requesting a return because your order is damaged or defective we will refund you the full cost of the product and pay for return shipping.
- If you are requesting a return for any other reason we will refund you the full cost of the product, but you will be required to pay for return shipping.
Please note that if you are requesting a return because of a defective or damaged product you will need to provide proof of that.
We cannot refund for orders that have been opened due to the fact that tea is a perishable good and cannot be restocked. However we can offer exchanges for a replacement of your ordered product, or for store credit towards a different product.
You can request an exchange for any reason, however, the reason for the exchange will affect how we handle your refund:
- If you are requesting an exchange because your order is damaged or defective, we will pay for return shipping and either provide you with a replacement product or store credit depending on your preference.
- If you are requesting an exchange for any other reason we will provide you with a replacement product or store credit depending on your preference, but you will be required to pay for return shipping of the order.
Please note that if you are requesting an exchange because of a defective or damaged product you will need to provide proof of that.
If an order was marked as a gift for you, we will accept return of the product in exchange for store credit or for a replacement product. We will always pay return shipping on gifts.
What is the timeframe for requesting a return or an exchange?
Requests for returns or exchanges can be made any time up until 30 days after the order has been marked as shipped. (Note this is from the shipment date and not the purchase date.)
During the Christmas holiday season the deadline for returns and exchanges will be extended to 60 days after your order has been marked as shipped. This deadline extension is available on orders placed between November 1 and December 25.
I have requested a return and shipped the order back to you, what next?
We will notify you via email as soon as we have received and approved your returned order.
If you have requested an exchange product please allow normal shipping and handling times from that notification date for your replacement product to arrive. See our Shipping and Handling Policy for further information on when to expect your replacement.
If you have requested a refund or store credit we will transfer that money immediately upon receiving the returned product. Please allow normal bank processing times before you see that money in your account.
Refunds will be returned to you via the same method that you used in your initial order.